Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Beer is cheaper than Gas??



Someone sent this to me in an e-mail. Made me remember the local gas station that quit posting its price. His sign just says Gas is High, Beer is Cheap. I laughed about it then asked my husband what would a gallon of beer cost and realized we could put beer in the gas tank cheaper! Now there is a thought.

Had a beautiful 2 days off. Built planter boxes, yes that was me out with the power saw and hammer. I am sort of handy that way. Makes me real proud of the results. Only needed help with the landscape timbers that I used across the front of one of the boxes, hubby had to fire up the chain saw to make my cuts for me. But used recycled redwood fencing boards for the rest. We have a recycle place locally that we can get a good soil mix real cheap. I think I mentioned it before. And we got several huge bags of Miracle Grow potting soil for 2$ a bag. They had been damaged and have tape over the ends. Who cares. They sell for around 15$ a bag in the store. Still having fun feeding the orioles. Have a nephew who is a photographer who wants to come over and stake out a spot to get some pictures. I figure we can take the screen off the window and open it up and he can sit in the kitchen real quiet and they will come right up on the porch rail. Should make him bring his own oranges!!

Thought for the day: The 20% rule, You only wear 20% of your clothes 80% of the time. I think that is true!

No comments: