Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 09, 2024

George Carlin Quotes

 I was never a huge fan of Carlin,  I think mainly because of his potty mouth.  But some of his quotes and the story he does about our "stuff" is priceless.  So I wanted to get a few on here on this snowy January day.  I think a few years ago I wrote a blog about him but what the heck.

"Here's all you have to know about men and women:  women are crazy, men are stupid.  And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid."

"A house is just a place to keep your stuff while you go out and get more stuff"

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

"Trying to be happy by accumulating possessions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body."

"We buy stuff we don't need, with money we don't have, to impress people we don't like."

If you want to really watch him and listen to him talk about "stuff"  Its on You Tube.  Just type in George Carlin Talks about "stuff"  Its really good. 

So this is what I am thinking about today.  At my age and don't forget its a new year so we have to maybe think about our "stuff"  I have stuff that is not mine!  You know when family members die you think you have to keep some of their stuff I guess to remember them by.  I have reached the stage in my life that I want a lot of this stuff gone.  I really want to understand the philosophy of being a minimalist.  It has a great appeal to me, because face it we sure are not taking any of it with us.


One of my favorite puzzle,  Now this is GOOD stuff right here!!!

No comments: