Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I'm So Mad

I was accused of taking a winter break along with alot of other people, but reallly have been busy. Now what I am mad about, last week this creep of an inmate, asked me for my last name and when I asked him why, he said" because I am turning you into the state board of nursing". I asked him why and he said something about my lack of concern for his health and wellbeing, About that time Pat picked up on what was going on and she lit into him and told me not to say a word to him. I was upset and left a message on my bosses voice mail. The next day I guess Pat asked him did he really file a complaint and he said he had mailed it. She told him that he had made a big mistake because I was one of the few nursed there who did care and followed up on concerns and questions, ect. I was off that next day, but when I went in on Thurs I talked to my boss and he said yes the inmate had talked to him the day before and that I shouldn't worry that "they never win a case" About wanted to go bolistic on him. I said What case? there should NOT be a case. He should have shut him down right then. I was so mad at the boss not the idiot inmate, they are always trying to stir up trouble. But I feel my boss really let me down. Of course anyone can file a complaint. But with a spotless 35 year record, I am furious that this is happening. 6 more weeks and I am out and done. Now I am hoping that this inmate is just blowing smoke and didn't really file anything and he has no proof that I have done anything wrong. I only give him his meds, delivered to the unit in the evening. He is in the long term unit and there are about 15 {lame and lazy} ones that we deliver to. He is just a dirty old coot, who won't show up in the AM pill call line for his morning meds most of the time, and frequently doesn't come out of his room in the evening even though we come to the unit. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr! Give me strength to not kill the bugger!!

So now I have vented and still don't feel much better about it. Just stinks, right?

Have been so busy on final details on the sale of the house, inspections, papers signed ect. Then I have been packing alot too. Trying to help the sister in law, she bought a house in the nearby town where we are moving in Mo. But still no nibbles on her house here. One day she is gung ho to move and the next day she thinks she should stay here. Poor thing at her age, maybe we are asking to much to expect her to move too, but she can't stay here alone with no family. She is very dependant on AC for more than she realizes I think. But I know it will all work out in the end. They are getting her house on the multiple listing tomorrow and taking more pictures, my thinking is that should have been done a mo. ago. hmm.

OK so there is a nice long post. I know a few others who owe us a "long" post. dc

2 comments:

dc said...

I am trying very hard to not speak at all to him. I drop the pills in his hand then turn my back on him. Pat oversees the actuall swallowing of the pills, that is her job, not mine, I only deliver. He is lower that pond scum to me.

FC said...

I agree! Spit on HIM!