Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Fairy Tale

This is the fairy tale that should have been read to us girls when we were little:Once upon a time ~~~~~~~~in a land far away,~~~~~~~~a beautiful, independent,self-assured princess~~~~~~~~happened upon a frog as she satcontemplating ecological issues on the shores of an unpolluted pondin a verdant meadow near her castle.~~~~~~~~The frog hopped into the princess' lapand said: " Elegant Lady,I was once a handsome prince,until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.~~~~~~~~One kiss from you, however,and I will turn backinto the dapper, young prince that I am~~~~~~~~and then, my sweet, we can marry~~~~~~~~and set up housekeeping in your castle~~~~~~~~with my mother,~~~~~~~~where you can prepare my meals,~~~~~~~~clean my clothes, bear my children,~~~~~~~~and forever feel grateful and happy doing so. "~~~~~~~~That night,~~~~~~~~as the princess dined sumptuously~~~~~~~~on lightly sauteed frog legs~~~~~~~~seasoned in a white wine ~~~~~~~and onion cream sauce,~~~~~~~~she chuckled and thought to herself:~~~~~~~~I don't think so.

No comments: