Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Where have I been?

Wow seems alot has happened since I last posted. Guess the best is that I got a good part time job finally. I have complained about the prison not giving me more than 2 or 3 days a month and after they fired the part time person they still didn't seem to need me, and they don't know if and when they will fill that position. So when I saw an ad in the paper for a part time RN nursing supervisor at an assisted living facility I thought it sounded good. I picked up an application last Mon and got a tour, then on Tue I dropped it off and stayed to volunteer for a few hrs to help move 10 residents and all their belongings into new rooms. Got acquainted with some of the staff and a few residents. On Wed I got a job offer, went in on Thurs to do the paper work and drug screen. (my 3rd one this year!!) I will start as soon as that and the screening to make sure I am legal and licensed. My work schedule will be Thurs. 9:30 to 3pm, Fri, Sat, & Sun 3:30 to 10PM.

I think it will be a good fit. I will actually have an office! The only one over me will be the administrator who seems really nice, I love her British accent!

I called the DON at the prison to let her know and she was glad for me and said it was their loss but she understood. I will stay on with the staffing agency for a couple months and if I don't get called I will just cancel it out. It was a good experience and made a few bucks but I am glad I will only be driving 3 miles one way instead of 30. When the snow blows hubby can be a go getter. You know he will take me to work then "go get her".

Thought for the day: Be careful Bees with honey in their mouths, have stings in their tails. (from my fortune cookie today)

No comments: