Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Still Reading


What is the Book Lady reading this winter? I still think of myself as the book lady, just can't help it.
I have kept a little notebook and listed all the books as I read them. Last year I read 43 books. So far this year 10. I find that I tend to find an author that I like and I read several by that author. I read the complete series of 7 of Diane Gabaldon's Outlander books. I read 3 of Ken Follett's books, Pillars of the Earth, World Without End, and A Dangerous Fortune. All 3 had historical setting in England, and big thick books that last awhile. For fun I read the Twilight series by Stephanie Myers. I am on my 4th Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum detective books. What a hoot. My sister kept trying to get me to read her but I kept saying I don't really like detective books. I finally read the first one and got hooked. This young gal is a bounty hunter by default cause she needs to pay her rent and her uncle Vinnie runs a bond agency. I won't doubt my sister again! Then I like to read my old standby Dean Koontz when I want to just kick back and read something weird.
So there you have it. I still prefer to read to watch TV. I like to read for about an hour before I go to sleep. Helps relax me and sort of takes me away. Maybe thats why I have such vivid dreams.
Thought for the day:: Everyone seems normal till you get to know them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That"s why you will always be the Book Lady :)

~Cindy~