Total Pageviews

Friday, February 11, 2011

Looking out my kitchen window


This was taken on the 2nd of Feb. Day after the blizzard. We used the snow blower to take the snow off the deck. At least 12 in. plus drifting off the roof. So glad it is warming up and will be up in the 60's by next Wed. Think we got all our snow within the first 2 weeks of Feb. Got additional 6 in. a few days after this one.
So looking at books that I want to read. When customers bring books in to trade, they always tell me which ones were good. So I end up with this stack of books that just get bigger and bigger. Just finished The Dollmaker by Harriette Arnow, which was verrrrrry good but took awhile to read. Seems like I have been reading alot of historical tragic books lately..This one about a lady displaced from her home in Kentucky in the early 40's so her husband could work the steel mills in Detroit. Wow what a story. I just looked it up on the net and found that when it was made into a movie in 1984 Jane Fonda played the role of the main character. I just can't see her in that person that I got to know in the book. Maybe I can find the movie one day.
But I got distracted, I want to list the ones I plan to read soon:
The Ice Child by Elizabeth McGregor
The Other by David Guterson
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxcy by Douglas Adams
Intervetion by Robin Cook
Jewel by Bret Lott
The Man in The Iron Mask by Alexandre Dumas
The Lucky one by Nicholas Sparks
and the one I just started: The Time Travlers wife by Audrey Niffenegger. That all should keep me busy for awhile.
Almost forgot I was going to re-read an 8 book series by Diana Garbaldon. Oh, so many books so little time
Thought for the day: A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step:
Confucious

1 comment:

Golden To Silver Val said...

You wondered what I was reading...well, I just finished INVISIBLE..An Ivy Malone Mystery. It's a free Kindle e-book from Amazon.com. It was very good! Now I'm considering getting the sequels to it. If you have e-book capability...download and try it. I know you'll like it. Before that I read the HUNGER GAMES TRILOGY. They were recommended by a good friend...who has never disappointed me in her reviews. I LOVED them. I could not put them down. If you decide to read the first one...make sure you get all three because when you finish #1, you will be scrambling to get to #2. These books were originally written for the YA group...but they grabbed and held onto my interest as well. I've recommended them to several people who have all felt the same way. Right now, I'm about to get into ALONE by Lisa Gardner.
Hope your snow goes away soon. I'm so sick of it here....I'm ready for spring and daffodils! Happy Reading!!