Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 06, 2011

What if you knew when your death would come?




Would you live your daily life differently? 
I laid in bed last night thinking about this.  Would we waste our last days doing the same old thing, day in and day out?  Or would we try to look at each day as a gift to be lived to the fullest?
And what does that really mean when the end will still be the same?  In the afterlive will we remember how we lived this life?  I believe this life is a stepping stone for further spiritual growth and we will come back to learn more lessons as we grow in our spirit (soul)  choose your own word there.
It only makes sense to me that when we see suffering or experience it ourselves it is for a purpose.
All that we experience, good and bad is what makes us who we are at any given time in our life.
I am not the same person I was when I was 20, 30, 40, or 50.  I guess actually I am not the same person I was yesterday.  Each day changes who we are. We are the sum total of all our life experiences. 
And you know when you are young you don't know this stuff! We waste so much of our time because we think we have SO much time that we don't even think of it.
OK enough philosophy for today.  Just some things I ponder.  I have lost a brother and a sister this last decade, and it does make you realize that our days really are numbered, wheather we know it or not.

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

We all ponder that subject at times. I think even more so as we age. I do. And, like not being able to comprehend an endless space (it seems there has to be an end to it somewhere)dying and nothingness also seem incomprehensible. I guess that is why we rely on religion to give us a hope of life after death. I'll find out one of theses days and I'll come back and let you know whats up.

Anonymous said...

When Mr. Coffee comes back.. You had better call me!!! And if it's me that goes before you, I will be waiting for you,.. Since this life is nothing without you in it,.. I figure we should have a re~do for the next huh? xoxox

Anonymous said...

err... sorry.. Ms. coffee :)