Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Yes, I talked him down!

Hubby had this all set up Sunday to go up and cut that lower limb off.  Yes he did and he is scheduled to have his right knee replaced in about 2 weeks.  I managed to talk him out of it.  No. 1 it kills his knees to climb ladders.  No. 2  it just plain wasn't safe,  and No. 3  there was no good reason to take the limb down.!  At least not to my way of thinking.  But he has been in this mode for a couple weeks.  Sort of getting his ducks all in a row.  Getting the lawn mowers all cleaned, the vehicles all checked out with oil changes and new batteries in 2 of them.  I think he goes around looking for anything that might need repaired before winter.  Poor guy, I don't really blame him, cause he has been thru this with his other knee about 18 months ago so he knows what he is facing.  He has some limitations with the knee replacement that was done.  Like he can't kneel down on a hard surface on it.  So if he ends up with the same with this one it makes it hard to do alot of the things he likes to do. 
Oh, and he would banish me from the kingdom if he knew I told this on him so shhhhhhhhhhh!

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Just curious, would knee pads help him kneel? Or is just the weight pressing down on his knee?

MadCityMike said...

I had my knees replaced in January and April of 2009. I also was not able to kneel on them for a very long time, but sometime within the past year, things have begun to get better. Having something soft under them does help, but yesterday, I had to kneel on the floor of the grocery store to get a bag that was at the back of the bottom shelf and I was able to do it!!! There is definitely hope for him! ;)

dc said...

Thanks for the advice guys! I have suggested the knee pads, but he is sort of stuborn and acts like thats for sissy's. Grrrrr!