Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

LIGHT AT END OF TUNNEL

This was a photo I took going thru a tunnel in Colorado a few years ago.
Since my last post I did have surgery on my left thumb, so I type this with the old hunt and peck with
one hand.  I was rough the first 24 hours as I am a puker from the meds they load you up with during recovery or its the anesthesia, I hope next hand I can talk them into doing things differently  I have managed pretty well with just Tylenol but getting restless to DO more than read  Hubby is telling me I need to get thru a full recovery with this hand before I do the other one  Hate to admit it but think he is right  It will be much harder doing things without use of rt hand if the left isn't fully healed  The procedure is called mini tightrope CMC surgery.  removal of small bone at base of thumb then putting a permanent "pin" thru thumb bone and first finger bone, all in back of hand.  Reason for all this is erosion of all the cartilage in this joint that is used repeatedly daily for all grasping and pinching  You know the whole purpose of having an apposing thumb.

Guess this is enough update for now  Till next time

 

No comments: