Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 29, 2023

New Year this and that

 January 2023 is almost gone.  Remember when 2000 was rolling toward us and everyone was in a panic about how would our computers manage and we might all crash and burn.  If I remember right it was barely a blip.  Wow 23 years ago.  We were living in Dayton Nv. I believe or just down the highway west in Carson City Nv.   I was working at Northern Nv Corrections as a "yard nurse"  Which meant I made rounds to see inmates that had put in "kites" to complain about something medical. I like to shock people and tell them I got out of prison in 2005 and they threw me a going away party.  That raises a few eye brows for a minute.  

Well last year in Feb my hubby had a bad TIA and was in hosp a few days.  He begged me that if it happened again to keep him at home.  Dr. agreed there wasn't much they would do for him but monitor him and of course run a bunch of tests.  If he has a stroke they still can't do anything as he is already on blood thinner and would not be a candidate for the clot buster drug.  Besides he will be 91 in March.  Some days he says he just wants out of this world.  I think it is harder for men to deal with declining health, than women.  last week he had another "spell"  Got shaky then later got real weak,  fell trying to get ready for bed and I had to get neighbor to come over and help get him onto the bed.  In the middle of the night he was still to weak to raise up, but by morning could get up and to bathroom.  He slept off and on all that day and then seemed to recover and by second day was pretty much back to normal,  walked out to mail box fine.  So we just take things one day at a time and deal with what ever happens.  

The week before all this happened I had a meniscus repair in my left knee.  A good friend took me for the surg and stayed with me.  What would we do without friends?  I have done very well and hope I am fixed up for a long time now.  Went into my weaving studio  yesterday and piddled around. 

So next time I want to talk about "Stuff"  Why we collect it, and what do we do about it. 



No comments: