Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2005

8 hr in ER

What a nite,.... Wed nite at work about 10PM I started feeling dizzy so when it didn't go away I say down on a stool for a while, it seemed to get worse, so checked my blood sugar, and it was OK. I was orienting this new nurse and I told her I thought I better lay down. so I pushed myself {on the stool} out into the hall way and she put a guerney that was there into the conference room and I laid on it. Then I started feeling nauseated and started shaking. So they got the nurse from the infirmiry to come up{bless her heart}she was great. At first was going to call hubby and get me to the gate house to go home but it seemed worse and I was sure I would pass out so she decided to call the ambulance instead. So I got to ride on the golf cart on the guerney{that we use for the inmates} Thank god it was in the night, and no inmates around. Anyway went to ER. They did lab, EKG, and even a CTscan of my head. Of course they didn't find anything abnormal in all this. Gave me some phenergan by IV. Took a couple hrs for the shaking to stop and the dizziness. Kept me for observation till 6;30 in AM and I went home. Still not sure what caused it except it was a reaction of some kind. Sort of a vagal vasal syncopal episode. Sort of what people have when they see blood and pass out. May have been triggered by an indocin I took about 45 min. before this happened. Have taken one twice while in Mo. for this burning pain that I have been getting in a hip. I had planned to work an extra 4 hrs. that nite and hip was kicking up so I took one. Naughty nurse. DON"T take meds that are not prescribed for you. Indocin is an anti gout, anti inflamatory type med. Only problem with it is that it can cause nausea on an empty stomach and other problems if taken to often or for to long. Hubby takes it for a gouty ankle that flares up from time to time, and that is why I had it with us in Mo. Anyway I was pretty whiped out yesterday, Went to bed early and slept 11 hrs last nite. Feel OK today so will go to work. Oh, my medical officer, Pat that I talk about. came to the hospital at midnight and talked her way in to be with hubby and me. They asked her if she was family or friend, and she said"which one do I have to be to get in there?" Thats my Pat! She said she would have told them she was my sister if she had to. So she finally got to my hubby. He told me later that he knows why I like her so much. She is a pistle. Well enough for now. I really don't like to read about alot of ailments but wanted to share this little experience. Now I will see how my new insurance pays. Will follow up with my Dr. on Mon. Maybe find out what is going on with my hip and let him prescribe something for ME> Ha Ha. I really hate to take medicine. Now I know why.

No comments: