Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Another family crisis

Last nite, my brother in law, who has alzheimers, sort of wigged out. At least he got worse than usual. I think I have mentioned before he is 84 and wife is 82 and weighs about 95 #. He had a case of wondering all afternoon, then in the evening he locked one of their little dogs in the car in the garage and forgot about it. B. spent 20 min. frantically looking for her dog. Then later he grabed her by the wrists and she had trouble breaking away and had to threaten him with a cooking pot to the head if he didn't get away, right after that she went into the garage to get something,{it is attached to house and extra frig and freezer are there}. He immediately shut the door and locked it. Lucky there is a phone in the garage and she called my hubby to come over. They ended up calling the sherif dept. and they came out, {fire truck, ambulance, and a couple sherif cars} Anyway he was taken to the hosp for evaluation and we spent part of today out checking out nursing homes. Its time. She has done all she can, she has waited on this man for 62 years hand and foot. It will be hard on her to see him in a nursing home but she will be able to sleep in peace at nite. So that is the newest problem. Oh, the ER Dr. asked my hubby if he was out drumming up business, he was the same one that took care of me on Wed. nite.

I am feeling much better. Had a headach all day yesterday, not like me. But the sinus thing is worse now that I am back from trip to Mo. Cooler here now. Nice to have a fire going.

Don't forget to set your clocks back!!

2 comments:

FC said...

Ok!.. Thats enough Family Crisis for you! Glad your feeling better.. Have a calmer rest of your weekend. Hugs!

Meg said...

I'm with Em...that is my worst nightmare and I can't even begin to imagine what it is like to live with someone who has it, or to live with it.

*hugs*