Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Meet my Baby!





Well there it sits on it's new throne. Ain't she perty? I am all ready to start. I will try to add another picture of the favorite rug that I made. If you click on the picture you can get a bigger one to see better.

Oh, I need to correct something that I posted earlier. I did not go to Ia. to learn to loom! I learned to weave! I guess thats like saying I am going to car, when I mean drive. Laugh is on me.


I had a great vacation. I highly recommend including learning something new on your vacation. Makes it so much more memorable. Of course all the midnight chats and gallons of coffee that I was "forced" to drink only added to the frivolity. I took alot of pictures of the little town of Bentonsport. Found out that there are about 50 residents there now. Not sure how many during its hay day back in the late 1800's. It was a thriving river town with a mill and many industries. Most of the homes left are the old 2 story brick homes built at that time. Will add some of those next time. Lots of history there including a little of my own. As I lived for a short time in one of the little buildings on main street when I was about 8 years old. It was always called Dolly's House, ( I think Dolly was a naughty lady) Anyway it was just one room down stairs and one upstairs. It was moved a few years ago and is now a little shop that is open in the summer. The old bridge was converted to a walking bridge a number of years ago, I great part due to the efforts of my friends there. They saved it from being torn down to put the new bridge in. Now the new bridge is down stream a little and makes the entrance into town seem strange. I have walked across that old bridge many many times. It was a one way bridge, which meant that if you drove up the approach and another car was coming you had to back up to let them cross first. See later on when I was about 14, I lived in a house on the other side of the river. We are talking about the Des Moines River.


Thought for the day: Be willing to learn from your friends and family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice job! Thats so pretty! Sounds like an awsome trip. Love ya!

~ Cindy