Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Can your heart feel sick?




This is a picture taken (2007) of part of our 20 acres little farm that we owned from 1989 to 1996 then again from 2005 to 2007. We put alot of money, heart, and soul into that place. The last time we sold it, we thought we had good buyers, so we floated their down payment, and they have been good to make their payments to us. But, (there is always a but) the couple separated last year and the wife has struggled to keep the place. This month she gave up and has put it back on the market to sell. She has to get enough to pay off the orig loan, pay us, plus the realtor. I don't think it will happen.


I went out to the place last nite to barter with her to buy a big floor loom that she has. She only wanted 200$ for it. I am getting a good deal, took 200$ off what she owes for this month. But(there is that But again) when I got there, my heart just broke. The place is so run down, the pasture ruined, hasn't been baled in 3 years. The yard is a mess, big holes in it where the 2 big dogs dig. The flower beds are just big weed patches. The garage is a mess, and the big loft above the garage is trashed up. That's where the loom is.


We go out Monday to get the loom and I hate for hubby to see the place. He took such pride in keeping the yard mowed and edged. Even mowed around the edge of the pasture fence. Now grass is growing up in the asphalt driveway. piles of firewood by the back door and the flower beds beside the deck have been plowed up by the dogs to be dusting beds for them.


I saw the pictures she put on the Internet and the inside looked pretty nice, but anyone without alot of imagination will not be able to see any potential there.


I am just sick, almost hard to find joy in finding the loom. Have been wanting a big floor loom for along time and this looks like a nice one. She had moved it from Nebraska last year after her great aunt died.


Of course now the worry we have is that we will have to fight to get our money from her now. Going to check with the realtor to see if she sells it for less to cover her bank mortgage are we just left with her owing us the loan we made. I know if she defaults on the loan (and that could happen) we set it up for us to have first option to pick up the loan and keep the farm to try to re-sell. But at our age we don't have it in us to clean that mess up. (I think) Besides we wouldn't be able to take over the high payments that they have.


So my hope is that someone will buy it.




Thought for the day: Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

3 comments:

Coffeypot said...

That is a tough one. I have gone by the house my ex and I use to live in and the whole 'hood has gone down. Can you put a lean against the property to recover your money? So you can be paid before the remainder goes to the bank?

dc said...

Good idea there Coffeypot. We plan to go talk to our banker Monday. Not sure if the loan is set up that way already. Worth checking into.

Stacy said...

That's a shame for the woman and you. Coffey's idea sounds like a good one if it will work.

By the way, thanks for visiting my reading blog and commenting. I am waaaay jealous that you have your own book store!