Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Makin the treadmill smoke

Literally!  I think my treadmill that I bought in 2003 is about to poop out on me.  If I stay on it for over a mile or if I go to fast (like that will happen right?)  it starts to smell like the motor is going to burn up.  Guess one day it will.  So maybe that's my excuse to not go more than a mile at a time.  When it starts to smell funny I shut it down.  I hate to call the Sears repair man, as I know it will cost an arm and a leg to have it looked at.  Who knows it may last along time it I am careful.  Anyone have this problem with treadmills?  I paid about $800 for it, hoping that I got one to last forever.  And its not anyone has ever RUN on it. Heaven forbid!  But it has been moved a number of times and of course it has had its periods of hibernation, when it has been buried under coats and such.

Thought for the day:  If after 60 you don't wake up aching in every joint, you're probably dead.

2 comments:

Coffeypot said...

I have a treadmill...it's where I lay my coat.

dc said...

Coffeypot, then there is no danger of burning up the motor is there? LOL