Total Pageviews

Friday, December 09, 2011

My casting call

I think I mentioned that I have been reading Janet Evanovich's books, the Stephanie Plun series while I walk on the treadmill.  I know they are going to start the series on TV soon, or have they already and I missed it?  Anyway, as I read I have a picture in my mind of which actors should play the characters.  So I did a little copy/paste here of actual pictures of who will be who and tell you who I think they should have been.
This is Stephanie ( Katherine Heigle) and Lulu ( Sherri Shepard)
Now I think they should have used Sandra Bullock and Wanda Sykes (might be to skinny) or Niecy Nash should have played Lulu.  Actually Niecy would be a perfect match.
Then this is Debbie Reynolds playing Grandma Mazur,  She will prob be OK  but wouldn't Betty White have been perfect.  OR better yet if she were alive, Estelle Getty.  Now she would have been perfect.
As for the guys, I don't really have an opinion,  other than maybe a younger Tom Selleck for Morelli.

Oh, well that's my two cents worth.  Anyone have any other ideas?  Or maybe you really don't give a dang!  You old grouch YOU.
PS  I found a nugget of info.  Since Stephanie Plum smokes, they are using one of those electronic cigarettes since the actress doesn't smoke.  So if you watch the series you are one up on that trick.

1 comment:

Coffeypot said...

I have a love hate thing for Stephanie but I love the books. I watched the trailers for the movie and not too impressed. First of all, Morelli is not a bad guy (I don't remember if he was in the first book)and Debby Reynolds is wrong for granny. I think she needs to be older and skinnier.