Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Random Garden

Awhile back I posted a picture of this stump.  It was what was left of a huge tree

This picture is of it last summer, the pretty one in the center.  Our May snow storm took one whole side of the tree down. Anyway, I decided instead of trying to dig all the roots out or paying to have them grubbed out, I would plant some ground cover around the roots.  One thing led to another and now I have my Random Garden that is taking on a life of its own.  I will take a picture this week and update this, as I have several things blooming and bought a couple Russian Sage plants that were on sale to give it some more life.  Next spring plan to plant that bank in creeping phlox.  Hubby keeps wanting to help but I think I have made it pretty clear that this is MY spot to play with and everyone else is to stay out!  I think he got the message.  We have very different ideas on gardening so I pretty much leave him alone to do what he wants with the tomato plants and watering the shrubs and such.
Hey a girl has to have her space!



1 comment:

Coffeypot said...

You seem to have a green thumb. Me! I kill plastic plants.