Total Pageviews

Friday, August 11, 2006

Just a little piece of heaven



I still have to pinch myself when I pull in the gate to our place. Can't believe we were able to buy our little farm back after 10 years. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't go home. Everything we do now is for keeps on this place. Have a carpenter working now building a breeze way between the house and garage, and it will cover the deck too. That will make the deck so much more accessable. It will be open to the so. and no. so will still get a nice breeze thru it. My bro. says it should look like a picnic shelter! Well thanks alot. Doing it in cedar, having the house and garage reroofed at the same time. Think I will add one more picture of my hummers. I have 2 feeders, actually the one in the pic is an oreole feeder but the hummers don't care. I have to fill them every morning as they empty them daily. Hubby will be home Sun. Gosh I almost got used to him being gone, almost 4 weeks, will have to get adjusted to having someone else in the house. But he can sure take over the lawn mowing again, thats for sure. It will be good to have him home safe and sound. This is a crazy world we live in and we need to appriciate every day. Oh, the store is doing OK. Been so hot, that I think alot of people are just staying in where its cool. I let a guy bring his big dog in the other day. He pulled up right in front and had a big, overweight, golden lab hanging out the window. I said, why don't you bring the dog in, and he was so glad, said she was a good girl and she was. The other local little county paper had a little write up this week on me. The lady mayor has a collumn that she writes and I went to her last week and thanked her for sending a customer to me and she said, well I think I need to make mention of your store in the paper, and she did. Hey I will take all the free advertizement I can get. Had the young guy back today to go thru my old classic books and found some Steinbecks. So there is something for everyone. Did my biggest sale this morning. An older lady bought 45$ of western romance, and that was after her trade in of 16$ worth of books that I gave her credit for. This is so much fun!! Oh, went to Ark. on my days off to visit grand daughters and 3 managed to get smuggled back to the farm to stay all night, I was afraid they would start thinking they were to old for that. The oldest one is 17 and she even opted to come stay with Grandma over spending time with boyfriend who had a day off on Mon. Yea, here's to grandma power. Actually she was the one who begged to come. We had a great time, made bacon, tomatoe, sandwiches, and played scrabble till 11;00. Ok I am done now. dc

No comments: