Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What is the book store owner reading?

Now that I have access to thousands of my own books, what am I reading? I have to laugh because my personal stash on top of my computer desk is getting bigger and bigger. I try to recommend authors to customers and they like to tell me what they like and what book is a good read. I just finished 2 of Nicolas Sparks books, If you haven't read him, please indulge. He writes wonderful love stories. Nights in Rodanthe, was wonderful. Then I just finished, The Wedding. Oh, to have someone love you like in these books would be awsome! So I am changing types and reading a Louis L'Amour book. Have never read him and thought he was just a western writer. A customer suggested this one and I find it really a great read. It is The Haunted Mesa. I keep one book at the store and one at home to read. At home is a Sandra Brown book about a couple traveling by covered wagon from Kentucky to Texas to homestead. Of course her books are full of very sensual stuff. Just hadn't read any of her stuff for alot of years. My stack that is on my desk here at the store is: Border Music, by Robert James Waller who wrode The Bridges of Madison County, Texasville, by Larry McMurtry, Lori, by Robert Bloch, looks like a psycho supernatural thriller, then I want to read The Horse Whisperer, A customer told me the book does not follow the same line as the movie and has a completely different ending. So I have alot to read plus I have at least 10 more set aside. tee hee. This is really a hard job. I have been thrilled with the response of the community, Almost everyone who comes in says they are so glad to have a book store here in town and like the way I have it set up. Sort of bright and homey at the same time. I am getting return customers and am glad to see that. I will just hang in there, somedays I only have a couple customers in and others I have up to 10 or more. I think when it gets cooler and people have to stay in more it will pick up more. Going to run some advertizing in a couple papers this next week. Well back to Louis L'
My coffee is getting cold.

No comments: