Total Pageviews

Friday, December 22, 2006

A LITTLE OF THIS AND A LITTLE OF THAT

Haven't posted any thing for awhile that was very meaningful, so thought I would just put some of my musings of this last week down.

First off, Dell is on my baddy list. I helped my brother order a Dell desktop computer and by day 2 of ownership it is working like a snail, I mean 5 minutes to get a screen up. Got on the phone last nite with "India" tech support. Spent 1 1/2 hr of my cell phone air time while she kept walking us thru steps to help her identify the problem. Finally the cell phone went dead. When I called back on the reg. phone, of course I got a different person, but at least they have us with a case number and I am to call them this evening and he promised he would help fix it. Going to do a restore back to factory settings and start over. Maybe they will just have to send another computer, because this is sure not acceptable.

We are siting eagles. Have seen a beautiful bald eagle flying over, there is alot of timber in our area and bluffs down by the creek about 1/2 mile from us. Today I saw a golden eagle in the pasture, it was spotting some skinned creatures that someone dumped out by the stop at the end of our road, which is also the end of our pasture line. I looked at them yesterday, they are 3 skinned raccoons. Only way you can tell is by their feet. Uck. I told hubby he needed to go down and scoop them up and at least throw them out in the field {across the road, of course} so that a coyote can have dinner, instead of waiting for the vultures to start landing.

Business has been slow this month. I had thought that winter would bring in more folks wanting to buy books. I seem to have regular customer who come in every couple weeks. The county newspaper was supposed to run an article about the store, they did the interview the end of Oct. and took pictures but still haven't run the article. I have a call in to ask them if they lost me.

I did something I said I would NOT do. I sent in and renewed my Mo. RN license. Ohhhhhhh, I don't want to go back to a real job...... But am thinking of doing a little PRN work for a local home health agency on Mondays, when the store is closed. The little extra might help me from dipping into savings. So I have the application sitting here on my desk and procrastinating on filling it out.

Also have been doing some researching on selling books on line. I have looked at Amazon and Ebay so far. Anyone with experience in this it would be awesome to get some input. I have bought a couple books and a CD on Amazon recently and it went so smooth, I was impressed. I am not an on line shopper.

Having daughter and grand daughter come spend a few hours Sat in the store with me. That will be fun. Hubby out buying a "fresh" turkey today for me to bake for Xmas. Want to stay home that day. Feel sorry for all the folks in Denver area!

Well if you have made it this far, I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. The picture I am attaching is our house with the lights at nite. dc

1 comment:

FC said...

ooohh.. nice long post!.. although the skinned creature thing scared me a little. I do remember seeing Eagles there too. Good nesting grounds.

Is there an option to take the older version of blogger back? I didn't click to update.. whew!

(see ya saturday!)