Total Pageviews

Friday, December 29, 2006

DELL WHO???

I have to tell you that Dell Computers are on my Poop list. And they will be till our little romance with the folks in India is over. I helped my brother buy a new Dell desktop. It arrived on the 19th. So we get it set up and try to get on line. Well the system was like you had poured molasses into the modem. I mean the longer you tried to navagate the worse it got. So we called Dell Tech support which of course is in India. Bless them, now they all have jobs, taking care of all us American dummies with faulty equipment, but I digress. To make a reallly long story short, I have spent 4 evenings at my brothers house, talking to different techs, because you know they can give you an extention to talk to the same one next time, but that goes into a voice mail and they don't call back, or when they did they called and left a message on my store phone and not the no. I gave them WHERE THE COMPUTER LIVED! My last conversation Wed evening this week was the last straw. On Tue we had done a factory restore and thought the problem was solved, but NOOOOOOOO, then we still couldn't get on line. So Wed. I talked to a NEW girl, and actually had to dismantle the computer and remove the modem and re seat it just in case that was the problem. Well NOOOOOOO that wasn't it. So lets just get you to customer service and send you a new tower. OK that is good. So after a couple more calls and disconnects we have a new tower coming this next week and will ship the old one back. Well I sure hope it works. One of the nice features on the new computer is to burn DVD's and I want to use it, since I have a big investment in this thing. My new years resolution is to transfer about 8 years of digital pictures off of floppy disce, Oh yes remember those?. I am putting them onto my computer and making CD's then would like to trans to a master DVD.

I wonder how many pictures you can load onto a computer before it crashes????

No comments: