Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Life is Good


Yea!! I sold 6 rugs this week. Boy I am going to have to get busy now. Business has been pretty slow this past month in my little book store kingdom. But seems to be picking up this week. Maybe with gas so high, folks are looking to shopping local. Dang they should be doing that anyway. I see a little hamburger joint opened up the road but have already heard bad stuff, like greasy fries. They probably won't be there long. It is funny, the building has been many different things over the years. Back in about 1975 or so when I lived here with hubby no. 1, he managed a feed store in that building. Its been a restaurant several times, second hand store and for the last couple years a day care center. We really don't need another hamburger place in this little town. Have 3 other restaurants that are struggling to keep business going.

Well here is a pic. of my denim rug that I plan to put on my e-bay store.
More rain storms came thru this week but nothing damaging in our area. Garden is growing, have little tomatoes set on and the cucumbers are starting to climb up their wire. Will do a pic soon to post.

Headed to Ar. tomorrow to spend some time with Daughter and Girls. Looking forward to seeing them and patting a certain tummy. Yeah, I am going to be a great grandma soon. Probably the youngest one ever!! Supposed to be a little girl, and I hope she has bright red curls!!

Thought for the day: No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born.

No comments: