Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Two Posts in one day?

Before I forget, which could happen at any moment.

Not sure if I had mentioned what I was planning to do with my book store. Well Brother and I had been making up plans for how to convert it into a studio apartment because I own the building and don't want to sell it. Would like to continue to get a little income from it while I am gone. ( I will return one day)

The week before Thanksgiving a gal came in ( she had talked to me last summer about this too).
She said she had heard that I was closing the store and she wanted to see if I would consider letting her run it. I assured her that I could not make it worth her while financially. We seems she is looking for a place to open a quilting guild. She just wants an area to set up her stuff and do her quilting here and teach classes and have other gals come in to quilt together!! Do you see a WIN-WIN situation here? She wants me to teach her how I do my book sales and trade ins. She wants no income, just the use of the space and wants to help pay the utilities too. I got really jazzed up about this.

We went to Co. and was gone a week, I got back and tried to call her and got no answer. I left messages for 2 weeks. I was beginning to panic because I had been sorting books, hauling culls off to auction or donating to a little local library. Even took down one whole wall of bookshelves.

She finally called me last Sat. Seems she was driving her horse ( she has a sulky ) The horse got spooked and threw her out and she fractured a couple ribs and has been laid up. She still wants to do this, and should be in soon to help me start making firm plans for her space and teaching her. She will be able to work part time in the store thru the winter and then full time by spring, so that should fit my schedule fine, as I will be coming back after we move to stay with my sister in law for a couple months at least. ( hope her house sells in that time)

So I am back to sorting books, getting rid of all the hardbacks and "junk" books. Want to have only the best Used books available for resale.

Gotta get busy with paper work now. Want to get taxes done early this year. Groooown..

No comments: