Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good Advice! Please read

This message was sent to me but I am not e-mailing it on to folks, but thought it worth while to put in here. I have always had a feeling that alot of this junk we send around to each other is not a good thing. In fact I delete alot without even opening. And now feel I will stop forwarding anything at all. No wonder we get so much junk mail from all sorts of sites.



Advice from Snopes:
If any of you are wondering why I didn't return something to you that said something like "if I don't get this back I'll....or, "See how many flowers you can get back", or " Forward this to 10 people in the next 5 mins. or something bad will happen to you", etc.The following is why I don't send them back.Advice from Snopes.com http://snopes.com/1

Any time you see an E-Mail that says forward this on to '10' of your friends, or sign this petition, or you'll get bad luck, good luck, or whatever, it almost always has an E-Mail tracker program attached that tracks the cookies and E-Mails of those folks you forward to.The host sender is getting a copy each time it gets forwarded and then is able to get lists of 'active' E-Mails to use in SPAM E-Mails, or sell to other spammers.

Almost all E-Mails that ask you to add your name and forward on to others are similar to that mass letter years ago that asked people to send business cards to the little kid in Florida who wanted to break the Guiness Book of Records for the most cards.All it was, and all any of this type of E-Mail is, is a way to get names and 'cookie ' tracking information for telemarketers and spammers - - to validate active E-Mail accounts for their own profitable purposes.


There was more to this but didn't want to bore anyone to death, but I think you get the idea.

No comments: