Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 22, 2009

If you don't drop in, smile as you go by.

Pic of hubby enjoying campsite. Guess I need to update whats going on in the work place, or should I say lack of work. LOL Haven't been called back since the 2 days of orientation almost 3 weeks ago.
I made up a calender for the next 2 mo. of available days and faxed to Mary the DON and to my real boss, Lisa at the staffing agency. She has called Mary to see if she will have a schedule for me, but the story is that she is still working on getting me computer clearance and some custody thing so that I can pick up keys so that I can actually work.
You know I am not letting it worry me a bit. I am enjoying myself and actually have come to think that this retired thing isn't so bad, except there is no money in it :( I have a list of some home health agencies in town to go check out and see if they need some part time help. Something will work out. In the mean time I am enjoying myself with the volunteer work at the library, and just this week I joined Curves. I was really feeling like my walking just wasn't enough and its not. I need some resistance training to go along with it. I always feel better when I work out so its time to get my butt in gear. Literally!
I got invited to an appreciation breakfast at the library yesterday. It was fun, they had a gal cater it that does all vegetarian food. It was interesting. I enjoyed meeting some other gals, one who is a retired biologist, and one a graphics designer. I was feeling a little inferior when I realized hey, I am an RN and have something of interest to contribute too. Made me sit a little taller.
Thought of the day: Life is 10% of what you make it, and 90% of how you take it.

No comments: