Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A picture is worth 1,000 words



I have mentioned before that my hubby hates to have his picture taken. This is an example of what I have to put up with when I try to take his picture. He moves real fast so it will be messed up. But while I am on the subject of pictures I want to share my thoughts about pictures.


Have you ever looked back at pictures of yourself, family and friends and wistfully wished that you still looked like that? I think we all do it. I used to be blond, for alot of years till about 4 years when I let it go natural to my "steel" gray. But when I see pictures of my blond hair I sort of wish it were still blond, then I realize that I am not that age either, so there lies the real wish I think.


I have recently been looking at pictures of my hubby when he was a young man and I didn't know him then. I feel that wistfulness that I wish I could have known him when he was young. But you know what I have come to realize? I do know him and he is right here beside me. We are all just the same as when we were young. Inside we are who we are no matter the age. We may have gray hair, sags, wrinkles, and weak legs but that's just on the outside. Inside we still have that smooth skin, strong muscles, and dance in our step.


Thought for the day: We all get heavier as we get older, because there's alot more information in our heads. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)) look at you.. all in love again..

Coffeypot said...

I know what you mean. We all have our version of our self-image, and it's not what we are IRL. I do get shocked sometimes when I look in a mirror and the old man is looking back at me. Can't that image see inside me? I'm not old...I'm experienced.