Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 03, 2011

A good haul







Looks like we are finally going to get some cooler weather and maybe get into fall without dehydrating ourselves down to one of those dried apple people that you see in the fall.


Stopped at 2 garage sales this morning on way to store, after I made a trip to the recycle center to leave off all our "stuff". Got a new leather purse for $2. Then used a Walmart bag for the "fill your bag for $3" Got 2 pair of jeans, a new pair of cool shoes for grand daughter that are high top with lots of those silver studs all up the sides, plus 2 large items that I loved the color and will cut up for my crafting. So I think I did pretty dang good.


I will post a picture of what I do with alot of my fabric. I really enjoy making these bowls on the sewing machine. Must have about 30 of them now. When my sister tries to get me to quilt, I say I need projects where I get instant gratification. I am just that way!


Thought for the day: Our life is frittered away by detail..... Simplify, simplify--- Thoreau

1 comment:

MadCityMike said...

Very cool bowls! Sewn, you say, eh? I have knit/felted bowls, but not seen the sewn ones. Form and function (and quick gratification!)....can't beat that!