Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wyoming trip

Been gone for a week.  Hubby and I took his sister with us on a trip to Wyoming.  We had a good cloudy day to start with, then second day headed north from Limon Co. and drove many miles in heavy fog and drizzle.  It was my turn to be driving.  Hubby didn't like me following a truck and I know he wanted me to go around but I liked following something to look at and not stare at that fog.  Anyway that was the only bad weather. Got to Saratoga on Thurs evening and stayed till Mon AM. 

The picture is of the Platte River at Saratoga.  On Sat. we did a float trip with a guide down 6 miles of the river, it was 37 degrees when we started.  Caught quite a few fish.  Hubby caught all German Brown Trout and I caught the Rainbows.  BUT, they were all over 16 inches so were released back to the river.  (POUT)  The guide said we might have to go to the lake to "kill" some fish.  We did try that the next day (twice) but only "killed" one nice big rainbow.  So didn't have to worry about how to get "all" the fish home.   We were watch by 4 young bald eagles as they circled above us, then we say a mature one in a tree with his beautiful white head.  I took some video but with my little camera it left alot to be desired.

We drove up into the Medicine Bow forest in the Snowy Mountain range east of Saratoga.  It is awesome up there.  It was a clear beautiful day.  I took this picture from up near the top.

I just did Blogger's update and I think I am liking it.  I see I can now add pictures in the middle of my text instead of all of them being stacked together.  Always wondered how other folks did that.  LOL
I don't think that you will find these heads in your local grocery store, unless you are in Wyoming!





We toured the museum at Encampment, south of Saratoga and were treated with this 2 story outhouse.
Of course the guy told the story of how it was used.  See when the snow gets deep in the winter they closed off the lower level, (after raising the seats). Then you had to go up the stairs and use the upper level.  Now how cleaver was that?                                                                                                      


Thought for the day:  The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

1 comment:

MadCityMike said...

Looks like a beautiful trip. Glad you made it safely there and back.....now you can begin "loom work". ....in your "spare time", of course! ;)