Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A brief look at the past

In my walking about town last week I took a picture of this old barn.  I have added it to my folder of "old places"  I like old buildings, barns, windmills, and such.  Alot of character with the weathered boards and the attempt to paint this one sometime in the past to help hold it up longer.  I always wonder about how many years ago it might have been built and what it looked like then. I have thought it would be fun to drive around the country and take pictures of unusual buildings.  You know get off that freeway and actually see what America looks like. I know its been done already but still think it would be awesome

Thought for the day: It is as hard to see one's self as to look backwards without turning around... Thoreau

1 comment:

Coffeypot said...

In my new homestead here in the North Georgia mountain foothills there are many such sights. I love riding around the area and seeing new homes build close by the old homestead and all the outbuildings.