Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Big Flood!


We welcomed in the new year with more rain in one day than we get in a whole year!! Between 4 to 6 inches. Lots of flooding, driveways washed out, cars underwater down town, and major mudslides. I ventured out today, and took SIL out to lunch, we were getting cabin fever. The parking lot for a shopping mall on the main highway thru town looked like a mud ralley had taken place. They had big endloaders and dump trucks trying to clear the mess. I can see the carson river from my back door and I have never seen it before from here. I understand I 80 over the mountains west is closed for a few more days due to a huge mud slide. I think alot of the mud that ran thru town was from the area that burned down on the side of the mountain about 1/12 year ago. The picture is taken from my front porch, looking at the corner where water from a small creek had overflowed and took out a guys driveway and washed down over the street to re-enter the creek just east of our place.

AC is in Mo. at the present and I have killer dog here with me for protection. But when the wind is blowing very hard I am not sure who is protecting who. He checked out a house for his sister to buy and she made an offer on it. So we will both have homes now to go to when we get sold out here. I have been a very busy girl. Doing touch up painting and major cleaning. Meg I know why you move so often. It is a good way to clean house!!! Using the 3rd bedroom as storage room so all the packed up boxes are going in there. {and all the books that I got prices and boxed up} Well I am on a countdown with my list of stuff to get done before the realitor comes on Tue. So better get a few more things done tonite.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Um, yeah...that's why I move. Housecleaning! Gotta love it!

And I have shelved the santa hatted Heimdall for the next year. Glad you enjoyed him. *g*

lesbopatticakes said...

don't know you but I feel like i am connected some how due to reading your posts to addict amd marge
I'm Patti mom to addicts daughters 1,2,3 (wm's ex)
have a great move experience, I just bought a house last year and hope not to do it again...still have boxes left to unpack