Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pogonip




If you live where you don't get this, you are missing out on something beautiful and dangerous. Pogonip is frozen fog. I believe the name came from an Indian word. We seem to get it alot in January here, the fog forms in the valley and by morning this is what we see on everything. Maybe you can click on the picture and see it in more detail. Another name for it is hoary frost.


I wanted to mention for all you baby boomer gals out there be sure to read the Parade mag. in the Sun. paper today. Great feature article on us. The New Seasoned Woman. Yea, thats us. "She can be anyone who commits herself to living fully and with passion." Great article. Please read.

1 comment:

FC said...

It is beatiful... I'll keep my arkansas slush I guess... This season so far seems more like November not January... Although it just started snowing a couple hours ago.. =)