Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Zumba! Me???

Oh, I can't believe I got talked into this! A friend came by yesterday and asked if I wanted to go to an exercise class that one of the Joplin hospitals is sponsoring 2 nites a week. Another friend was going with her and they are both a few years older than me, so I thought "What the heck, I will give it a try." Well if you don't know what Zumba is, look it up in google!! Its a little Merengue, Salsa, and Samba. Oh, my!

But what a HOT instructor. 6 pack abs, tanned. A mother of a 12 year old! She was amazing. If I can make my butt move 1/10th of the action she has going I will be thrilled. I was really pooped about 10 min. from the end, so was basically down to just stepping in place by that time, boy what a slug. And here I am so proud of the fact that I have hardly missed a day on my tread mill since Jan 1. Maybe I should put down my book and increase my speed a little!

So a little IBU and I will give it another try tomorrow nite. Wish we had more than one day to recup..

Thought for the day: If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

No comments: