Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Is it just me?


Christmas is over so guess I can stop feeling grouchy and get my act together to start the new year with some zip and a new attitude.


I was coming back home after visiting someone near and dear to my heart and it suddenly dawned on me how we waste so much of our time moaning over little hurts and slights that maybe others didn't even know existed for us. Our own mind can make things so much bigger than they are. I think I find that often from trying to "read my husbands mind". I feel hurt when I don't really know what he is thinking or not thinking as the case may be.


And what a waste of time all this is. You don't know this stuff when you are young. You are ready to do battle to prove YOU are right come hell or high water. I like the saying: "Pick your battles." Now my mantra is "Let it go" Just take a deep breath and let it go.


Another mantra I like is "Its not about ME" And so often that is so true. Others carry burdens we don't know about and when we feel slighted we magnify it often and don't even try to put ourselves in that other person's shoes. We are all made up of our own life experiences and no one else really truly can know someone Else's reality. We are each very unique.


Life is short or at least as we know it in this time/space. We shouldn't waste it our time, the clock really is ticking.


Thought for the day: It's not about Me




No comments: