Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 30, 2010

My book report


What has the book lady read this year? Well I have been keeping track of my reading in a little notebook and have read a grand total of 70 books this year. So here is what I read:

5 Dean Koontz books, they are usually just for a distraction for me from more serious reading, oh, and for the treadmill reading.
I read most of Janet Evonovich's Stephanie Plum books. I don't usually read much mystery but she is a hoot.
I say I don't read mystery but I see that I read several of Jeffery Deavers, Kathy Reichs, and Tess Garrison.
Some of my favorite reading for the year were: Ken Follett's A Dangerous Fortune, and World Without End and A Place Called Freedom. I enjoyed, Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski , Lost Symbol by Dan Brown, A walk to Remember, & The Rescue by Nicholas Sparks.


Just finished The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk, a Utopian novel and Not Between Brothers, a book about Texas and its rise to statehood, a very good book. I enjoyed Bridges of Madison County enough to watch the movie again.


Plans for the new year: I would like to re-read my favorite series by Diane Gabaldin. (7 big books) The Outlander Series. Historical romance of a woman who is transported back 100 years to live in Scotland. Awesome series. Plus I have at least 10 waiting for me. Just like old friends. I could easily live without TV, but don't take my books!


Thought for the day: If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.

No comments: