Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

About Hummingbirds!

Just want to report something I heard on the news. With the freeze we got this spring in the midwest, there are going to be fewer natural flowers for our little humming birds. So folks get those feeders out if you haven't already. I have at least 15 to 20 buzzing around my 2 feeders. They are such a delight to watch.

I am sharing the info on mixing your own food for them. saves alot of money.

To each cup of water add 1/4 cup of white table sugar. Stir in a pan and bring to a boil. {boiling helps to slow fermentation}. allow the sugar solution to cool before filling your feeder. Extra nectar should be stored in the refrigerator. Do NOT use honey. Do NOT use any dye or coloring.

The little guys will find you. Poor things have been flitting around my xmas lights. NO we don't have them down yet! But what the heck, had company over the weekend and we turned them on and called them PARTY Lights! Worked for me.

No comments: