Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 18, 2005

My interview from Meg

See prev post for interview instrustions.
Questions:
1. When you were growing up, what did you want to be (professionslly)?

During high school I really wanted a military career. When we had Career Day in the gym, I drooled over the Air Force tables and info. I think that is what I really should have done. But fate stepped in. The folks wanted to move to the east coast to live with my oldest brother and I was "in love" at 17 and didn't want to go. So talked them into letting me into getting married and staying in Ia. The rest is history, as I dropped out of school a few mo. later. Married girls in class was really frowned on back in the 60's. No sports, or other activities, like band even. I was active in FHA, and was to be president the senior year. I did try years later to get into the reserves, twice. Once after I finished LPN training, but no emotional support on the home front to follow my dream. Later in 1987 after finishing my RN degree, I persued it again, this time with full support from AC, even if I wanted to go in full time. I could have taken basic and been a commisioned officer. But the school I graduated from was not National League of Nursing Accredited so after going thru all the testing got shut out. Even went to the Col. to appeal and try to get a waiver but no dice. Of course later when they needed nurses in the Gulf War I bet they would have given a waiver. Added note. because of my efforts the college saw a need to get the accreditation and they did. So that was my dream career.

2.What is your idea of perfect paradise?

I think a world where we are all developed spiritually to a similar plane. We have such dispariety now. People who are so cruel, insensitive, and careless. I try hard to not be a pessimist, but get so discouraged when I see such total disregard or respect for each other and our world and resources. It just seems so simple to me that we should love each other and have respect for each other. That would solve alot of the worlds problems. huh?

3.Would you rather fish along a river bank or go shopping IN THE MALL with an unlimited expense account.?

Well I like to fish BUT I am female so the answer is obvious but the Mall would have to have a huge hardware, home decoration store, I could spend hours browsing at Home Depot!!

4. Is there somewhere in the world that you always wanted to go that probably won't. Would you move there if you could?

Right now I really want to go to Peru, and may have the opportunity next summer on a tour. AC has no desire to leave the country, and is worried about my safety, but if I really want to do it I know I can. I have been very interested in Old cultures and their history. I am sure I was there in a prev. life. No, I would not like to live there, but would like resources to stay in different countries and learn more about old world culture.

5 Can you play a musical instrument? Or are you artistic in any way?

Hey that is 2 questions. I took piano lessons as a kid from the neighbor one summer. so I know where middle C is and can play chopsticks, Thats about it. I do have a beautiful dulcimer and joined a club about 10 years ago and could play a couple songs but you have to practice and stay with it. So not really very musical, can't sing either. Artistic, I like to create things I am always trying my hand at different things. Can knit, crochet, counted cross stitch, but get bored to soon. I really like woodworking and feel my talent is more in that direction. In fact I am going to a Ladies Tool Party next Sat. Will give you all a post on that later.

OK Em you got me going pretty long winded, You did good on the questions. I will start a new post with your questions. I still have to think of no. 4 and 5.. ha ha dc.

3 comments:

Meg said...

Hey those were MY questions, not Em. *rolling eyes* We didn't even grow up together and I'm about five inches taller than her and people are still getting us mixed up. :)

Meg said...

Great answers, BTW!! I really enjoyed reading them.

dc said...

Sorry, I ment to type Meg and my hands slipped. My humble appologies. So since I mixed up the names, Yes Em it is your turn to ask me. Thanks for reading. dc
PS Sorry to sound computer illit. but what does BTW mean? duh?