Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

To M

You can have a garden, if you have sunshine in your state... Did you see the upside down tomato plant in the bucket on my other site. It is really growing. Should be interesting. All you need is a place to hang a bucket where it gets sun. You could be creative and paint the bucket with sunflowers or something. Also the containers for the patio works well.
We had to go buy new pump and filter for the fish pond. That is over $100 just for a few gold fish! plus the algae eating bacteria you have to buy to keep the green stuff down. But I love the little pond. Someday when me move back to Mo. going to get a dozer in and make a real pond out in the pasture just So. of the house and plant weeping willows and cattails. Always wanted a pond there and we decided we would go for it this time around.
Going to get the book you recommended. Got my dr. apt moved up to today so will see how that goes. There is one pharmacy in town that will mix the bioidentical hormone cream, but the one with estrogen, natural, still has to be prescribed by a Dr.
Cold here this morning, the furnace actually kicked on. Was down to about 40. At least I don't think it got cold enough in the nite to frost anything, It can do that in June here. We have baby pears and peaches on the trees. Haven't seen any apples yet. We have 6 fruit trees in all. Well I have rambled on. Going to go practice copy/paste. Love dc

4 comments:

Addict said...

When we get sun... usually 3 or 4 days in August. I want to try the upsidedown tomato thing! How did you do that, it was hard to tell from the pics.
Wm says I run a hospice for plants... we bring them home and give them a good life, until they peacefuly and painlessly pass on to that big gargen in the sky (usually the turn around time is 4-6 months)
I get my yard fix by playing at Misty's house... we can play when we want without the responsibility of having to do it all the time!
The pond plan in MO sounds great!!!
Hey, we are thinking of getting down that way (Wm's Mom is in Reno) maybe in Augustish, how about hooking up???

dc said...

Take a 5 gal. bucket, cut hole in bottom about silver dollar size, Have a place to hang it, then I gently poked the plant down leaves first thru the hole. The root ball will hold it in place, then fill with potting soil. Water daily. Walla, upside tomato plant.
Yes would love to see you next trip to Reno, Maybe you could even make it to CC but if not I will meet you in Reno. Now go get dirty. dc

Addict said...

We drive, when we get down that way... and are planning on spending about a week... I love my mother in law, but 7 days is a long time... we'll definatly travel to meet you :)
I'm gonna go to Lowes today and shop for tomato stuff, I'll send/post pics when/if I get something going, I LOVE fresh tomatos, so I'm even motivated enough to consider watering them!

Meg said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the upside down tomato plant. That is just weird enough that I might be able to do it.

I see Emily and I share the same Black thumb (pun intended). LOL! Tell Wm he is too clever for his own good.