Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Hello Dr. Atkins, my old friend





OK summer is gone, wonderful fall is here at least for awhile. Time to get in gear and get rid of a few pounds (again). I have had success with Atkins in the past and decided I would give it another try. My problem is staying in the maintenance zone when I have lost. Anyway each of us has our "rock bottom" with excess weight. Mine is when I am 20 lbs over my normal. So that is my goal. Right now I am doing the strick 14 day induction of severely restricted carbs, then I will start adding some good whole grains back. So I stocked up on cheese, shaved turkey and ham, cream cheese, eggs, and celery and lots of lettuce. Eating out is no problem, I just order a bunless burger. Last night at pizza nite, had lots of salad and only ate the top off of 3 slices of pizza. Didn't realize there was so little topping on a slice! About a tablespoonful was all. When I lost 20 lbs doing this before, I remember it being the easiest weight I ever lost. Have done the calorie count, fat count, and I know my body, I am a carb addict!! When I get real restricted on carbs I feel so good. So thats my song and dance for today.


Had a suprise BD party for my sister Sunday.Her daughters did most of the work. Sort of a surprise, she knew there would be a party but just not where and all. Rented a building here in town and over 25 came. We did chili and potato soup with a couple breads, and of course cake and ice cream.

Oh, and she told me that she had a brain scan Mon. and they didn't find anything. (Here's Your Sign!)


Thought for the day: Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance.

No comments: