Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Only if you work in prison

Only in a prison setting could you work with someone who carries a fart machine in her pocket and uses it frequently as we are doing pill call. I work with a medical officer who is in her 50's. She is brash to say the least, with a foul mouth, and quick wit. But she also has a heart of gold which she doesn't want most people to find out. She is my custody officer 4 evenings a week with me. She helps make my job fun. Last nite she brought this fart machine to work and kept it in the pocket on her pantleg and the buzzer in her hand. As we would give meds at a cell door she would lift her leg, hit the buzzer and then in a sweet voice, "Oh, excuse me, I have a little tummy ache" then smile and we would go on. The reactions were a riot. Not sure if anyone guessed what was really going on. But let me tell you, if there were trouble on the yard, this is the officer I would want with me. She can handle anything and difuse situations that men tend to esculate. She likes to wear a clip on hair piece, If an inmate comments on her hair, she unclips it and holds it up and asks if they want to try it on. She has one that has little wires in it and she can twist them around to make the "poney tails' stick up. Which she will do, walk around with on sticking straight up in the air. Now can anyone imagine having this go on in your work inviornment?

2 comments:

Meg said...

Sounds like there is never a dull moment there. :)

FC said...

These are the folks we never foget!.. ahhh good times!