Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I am

I am me.
I am the little girl collecting McMcall paper dolls
I am the tears cried as mom read Lassie and Big Red to us by kerosene lamp
I am the kid who caught grasshoppers to feed to the chickens
I am a country girl first and always
I am the 16 year old who ran crying in the rain when first love moved away with his
family and all seemed lost to me forever
I am the 12 year old who got an ear jerked as punishment for something by a father
who never once spanked me.
I am an old farm house made of brick with huge pine trees in the yard
I am the girl who's best friend was little brother
I am home canned green beans
I am the smell and taste of moms raised doughnuts rolled in sugar
I am the high school drop out
I am the 17 year old being married far to soon
I am the nursing student who worked everyweekend for gas money to get to class
I am the nursing grad who was 2nd in her class at age 27
I am the the first baby I delivered with my own hands
I am bleach blond hair
I am the mother of 2 babies of my own
I am the child who played in the pond and haymow for fun
I am the smell of cows breath while sitting in the hay bunk while they ate.
I am the woman who's heart has been broken, to be mended again and again
I am music that makes me feel melancholy
I am books that make me think of all the possibilities
I am the seeker of spiritual truth
I am a blogger

Who are you?

2 comments:

FC said...

Wow... so Awsome.. sooooo Awsome... I am speechless as well.

Meg said...

I absolutely LOVE this, dc. What a hidden talent you are!! More! More!