Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I wanted to share my row of birdhouses I made for gifts for our family reunion. I am using photobucket to add this picture. As you can see from the pictures, the little houses are decorated with license plates and recycled siding that I spray painted, and even the pepsi emblem that I cut from a can. Makes me want to get back to the saw and my favorite tool, the electric staple gun that shoots little 1 1/4 in brads. Great for these little projects. I don't recommend the foo foo stuff for the little porch if the house is to be used outside for real birds. My brother has had a family of house wrens live in his the last couple years right on his back porch. I like to collect birdhouses too. One of my favorite is in my store now, an oriole nest that the ice storm brought to the ground. It looks like the perfect little bird cradle. A fantastic creation of weaving of twigs, horse hair and even some fishing line. I will take a picture of it and post it soon. So now if I make some more birdhouses I plan to make little back doors on them so that I can open them and clean out for them. Have lots of bluebirds that nest in our yard.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comments:

Betty said...

Those birdhouses are really cute. And, good luck with your projects in the house. You have more energy than I have.

dc said...

Hmmm, wonder why my post ended up on my comments and them the comment from Betty was laid over it. At least thats the way I see it on my computer. Anyone else see this. The post was made thru photobucket along with the picture. dc.