Total Pageviews

Friday, July 29, 2005

Funny sayings

A little saying popped into my head today that I had not thought of for years. Have you ever heard this. When someone says "what for" with a southern slang sounds like "what fur" Then you reply "cat fur, cat fur to make kitten britches" I guess my mother used to say that when I was a kid when she would tell us to do something and we would whine "what fur?". Does anyone else have some silly family saying? Would like to hear them. Sometimes its good to think of these old silly things.

5 comments:

Meg said...

LOL! I knew where you were going with that before I finished reading your blog. That's a classic! Being raised in Louisiana, I have a ton of those.

Meg said...

The only one that comes to mind is so familiar EVEYRONE has heard it, but we really did say it way down South.

"That dog won't hunt."

I still love it.

dc said...

My first husband had a silly thing he would say when we were driving. He would point down the road and say. " Whats that in the road ahead?" Only with a slight pause in ahead, so it sounded like a head. ha ha.

dc said...

Heather thanks for stopping by, I have been reading your blog site too. I think we share some similar roots.

Anonymous said...

Has anyone heard of this phrase?

"Scat Cat! Knit kitten's britches."